This building kit is redesigned with the greatest care by Dane-RC, to keep the elegant look and fell intended by the original creator; Dick Twomey. This model is a pleasure to both assemble and fly, due to the high precision parts that interlock perfectly.
V2 and V3 are similar in appearance and size and the accessories fit them both the difference is that V2 is constructed as the original Leprechaun designed by Dick Twomey, but V3 has got some new constructions which make it easier to build
- The Building kits are with ailerons, but you also have the option to make it without
- The wing is made in a new design, the main beam is now constructed in poplar wood, space has been made for the servo to the ailerons, and some nice new details have been made, now the whole wing can be assembled without drawing, as everything fits together like a puzzle
- Tail plans now have the possibility that it can be screwed on with nylon screws, but the possibility of mounting with rubber bands is still there
- Information about the model: Wingspan 2665 mm, Length 2165 mm , Weight 2100 – 2600 gr. Wing area 1,14 m²
The kit includes all lasercut wooden parts needed for the assembly, Balsa strips, balsa boards, motor and foil bought separately.
To coat the leprechaun V3 you will need about 9 mtr of foil in the base color and about 2 mtr in the contrast color, to make it as Dane RC version. The foil we have used on our Leprechaun is for base Oralight transparent red and for contrast Oralight camdium yellow
If you want to have it motorized, you have to buy kit for motorsetup and if you only want to fly it as version V3, the Hacker A20-6 XL with propeller 16×8 “(3 lipocells) is the right choice, but if you later want to expand it to ver XL with the expansion set, then choose the kit for motorset XL and the Hacker A30-18 M V2 with propeller 18×11″(4 lipocells)
- Laser-cut precision parts in plywood and balsa
- Wooden sticks and other pieces
- A complete drawing of the plane in 1:1
Note: Wooden sticks and other pieces are not included in the light kit. Under pictures, there is a list of what you need of balsa wood.