OS MAX AX 2-stroke engines are the latest range of powerful power units designed primarily for sport and aerobatic models. The meticulous construction features a unique ABL insert (Advanced Bimetallic Liner) with a two-layer surface treatment of specially developed alloys to minimize friction and wear during operation, ensuring high performance and long life. The futuristically shaped hexagonal cylinder head with large cooling fins offers excellent cooling and enables higher performance with the same dimensions as the classic FX series. Thanks to this, you can take advantage of the wide range of kits and model plans developed for OS MAX 2-stroke engines over the last few decades, or obtain a performance boost for your existing FX engine model!
OS MAX 46 AX II is a powerful two-stroke engine with a crankshaft mounted with a pair of ball bearings, suitable for all types of sport and competition aerobatic models. It is equipped with a 40K twin-needle carburettor, the main needle of which is oriented diagonally backwards for safe adjustment when the engine is running. A very efficient expansion damper of type E-3071 (power box) is also supplied in the basic set. The direction of the exhaust port can be changed by rotating the back of the muffler 360 degrees.
- The same dimensions as the classic OS MAX 40FX and 46FX.
- The crankshaft has a thread for the propeller nut UNF 5/16-24.
- Recommended propeller dimensions: Break-in: 11×6″ / Sport and aerobatic: 10.5×6″, 11×6″, 11×8″, 12×6″, 12×7.
- Recommended fuel tank: 300-350ml; 300ml tank is enough for 10-12 minutes of aerobatics provided you don’t fly full throttle all the time.
- Recommended fuel: at least 18% castor oil or synthetic oil (or mixture of synthetic oil and castor oil), 5-20% nitromethane.
- Recommended candle: OS MAX No. 6, with a higher proportion of Nitro No.8.
Motor set includes: Motor OS MAX 46 AX II with RC carburettor 40K, exhaust silencer type E-3071, extension set for the main needle, glow plug no. 8, instructions.