This building kit is redesigned with the greatest care by Dane-RC, to keep the elegant look and fell intended by the original creator; Dick Twomey. This model is a pleasure to both assemble and fly, due to the high precision parts that interlock perfectly. The kit includes all the lasercut parts needed for the assembly, Balsa strips, balsa boards, motor and foil bought separately.
News 16.09.2021 – in future this model will be delivered with a larger rudder – see photo series
The kit is designed for the following servor:
- Rudder: 1 pc. D-Power AS575BB MG – or DS-570BB MG placed i the front with wier to rudder, if you separate the fuselager you must use an D-Power AS- or DS-340BB MG mounted in the tail
- Elevator: 1 pc. D-Power AS- or DS-840BB MG placed i the tail
- Ailerons: 2 pcs. D-Power AS- or DS-225BB MG
- Air brakes: 2 pcs. D-Power AS- or DS-225BB MG
To coat the leprechaun XL you will need about 12 mtr of foil in the base color and about 3 mtr in the contrast color, to make it as Dane RC version. The foil we have used on our Leprechaun is for base Oralight transparent red and for contrast Oralight camdium yellow
If you want to have it motorized, you have to buy the kit for motorset XL and the Hacker A30-18 M V2 with propeller 18×11″(4 lipocells)
- Laser-cut parts in plywood and balsa
- Drawing of plane in 1:1
- Information about the model: Wingspan 4120 mm, Length 2165 mm , Weight 3800 – 4500 gr. Wing area 1,82 m²
- The Building kits are with ailerons, which is necessary for the model
Note: Wooden sticks and other pieces are not included in the light kit. Under pictures, there is a list of what you need of balsa wood.